The Bahamas is a major tourist destination and for this reason every effort is made to keep visitor immigration formalities to a minimum. Citizens of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, most other Commonwealth countries, the European Union, and many other countries do not require visas for The Bahamas. Entry requirement differ depending on what country you are a citizen of.
Indian Nationals who hold Canadian, UK, US and Schengen Visas will not require visas to enter The Bahamas. All other Indian Nationals will require visas.
In keeping with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ commitment to provide efficient, quality customer service, the Government of The Bahamas has launched eVISA services. Please click here for the Ministry online eVISA platform.
Please select the London Office as the processing office for the visa. Once completed, kindly send the confirmation of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Electronic Entry Visa does not guarantee entry into The Bahamas. Bahamas Border Management Officers have the right to deny entry into The Bahamas.
Please be advised that all nationalities who would normally require a visa for travel to The Bahamas and intend to travel to The Bahamas by way of a cruise ship must obtain a Bahamian visa. The same applies for persons travelling by air to join a cruise ship travelling through The Bahamas.
All persons are advised that they must have the following documents upon entering The Bahamas:
- Passports, valid for at least six (6) months from date of departure from The Bahamas.
- A return or onward ticket;
- Documentation (visa, re-entry permits etc.) to enter a country other than The Bahamas for which one is ticketed;
- Sufficient funds to finance the visit to The Bahamas
- Evidence of accommodation for the duration of the trip
Please note that if you are a visa national, then you are required to obtain a visa before travelling to The Bahamas regardless of whether you are travelling by air, cruise ship, or private yacht.
The Standard processing time for an eVISA is 7-10 business days, not including the submission date and providing that all supporting documents are in order at the time of your initial submission and no interview is required.
A single entry visa is valid for one entry only to The Bahamas with the time frame of three (3) months. A multiple entry visa is valid for multiple entries to The Bahamas for periods of three (3) months, six (6) months and one (1) year. However, the applicant must provide scanned copied of three (3) previous successful visa to The Bahamas as supporting documents.
Supporting documents required for Single or Multiple Entry Visas:
Scan digital copies of the following documents must be current i.e. less than 6 months old an appended to your application:
- 1 digital passport sized photograph in pdf format;
- Completed and signed application form
- Personal data and signature pages of your passport
- A job letter (less than 6 months old from your employer) or a copy of a valid business licence (for self-employed persons)
- An original bank reference letter
- Intended address of Hotel/Cruise or residence while staying in The Bahamas
- Proposed flight itinerary/travel dates
- Copy of conference/invitation letter
- Copy of Children’s Birth Certificate to prove parental relations (if applying for a visa for a child)
- Copies of previous Bahamas Visa if visited The Bahamas before (at least 3 are required for multiple entry consideration)
- Proof of legal status in country of residence, i.e., work permit, spousal permit, permanent residence, permit to reside, indefinite leave to remain.